Video RAM missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
I have an old dell insprion 6000 laptop with intergrated video on the motherboard. When i first got the computer, it had 128MB video memory. I have had to reformat and re-install windows XP pro due to viruses and such... but now I am only getting 98MB video memory to show. I used my service tag # to get the correct drivers from the Dell service site. I went into the BIOS to see if I can change it there but nothing, I have done a BIOS update and everything. I even went to the display prop., settings, and advanced but there was nothing to change there... not even shared memory. any ideas?

A lot of times manufacturers will round up the amount of memory. So even if it's labeled as 128mb, it might not actually have 128mb of memory.

That, or you have something soaking it up. I know the Vista Aero theme uses the video card, but I'm not sure if XP's theme is similar and uses the video card. If so, that would explain it.

is it nvidia graphics? because you can get the exact chip drivers for your a card instead of off of dell. they would be more up to date then dell.

no... it an intel 910 or something like that. and isn't a card... onboard video.

Intel 950 maybe, I don't believe they made a 910. Might've made an 810...

Whatever it is you can get drivers from Intel's site, too. Thing to remember with Integrated video is that the amount of memory it's using changes depending on what it's doing. So it might see less but that's because it's using less. Have you tried any benchmarks by chance that have gone down in score, that sort of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom