Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theleifmeister

Beta member
Hello, and thanks for taking a look at my problem.

Let me start from the beginning

Over the past few weeks, i had noticed my computer going to "sleep" more often and not being able to be woken up without a restart. Then, last week it crashed on me, no blue screen no nothing. Just screen to black. But I noticed that the entire computer was not crashing. Just my monitors were going to idle status.

I reset all my ram and my vid card and my power plugs and restarted and everything seemed to work. But then the same thing happened shortly afterward.

I have since bought a PSU because i thought it was a bad power supply, (isnt) and now cannot keep the computer in working condition long enough to get all the way into windows to perform any diagnostics.

So, to the situation as it stands right now!

When i start my computer, it will start up if it has been off for a good amount of time. But when it gets to windows it says that my video card is recieving insufficient power. I have the supplemental cord plugged in. If i try to do anyhting strenous with video, my monitors cut to idle, my Video cards fan Revs up to a VERY high speed and nothing works until i restart. Restarting lasts less and less until i cannot restart anymore and i have to leave it sitting.

I have it in my mind that perhaps my video card is overheating for some reason though the fan seems to be working fine. Someone told me that it might be a bad Mobo.

The computer is about two years old.
these are the stats i can remember off my head

ABIT IL9 Pro Motherboard
Geforce 7950 GT OC with 512 ram
2 gigs of ram
BRAND NEW Corsair 400w PSU
HD and not much else...

Any help is VERY appreciated and if there is any other information i can provide (i took a DXdiag before i couldnt get on the comp anymore and saved it so i can post that) But at the moment I cannot access the computer to take any more tests.

Hoping someone can help me out so i dont have to buy a new vid card and mobo till i figure out what exactly is going wrong!!

Sorry for how long and winding that is, Thank you very much.

hmmm, I haven't tried using my second PCI-E slot yet... would it be the kind of mobo problem where that might help...? ill probably go check it while i wait for a response =o

hmmm So, new PCI-E slot didnt really help...

Now, I am sort of ignorant, and I am ready to buy a new MoBo right now, but I was wondering if anyone could sort of explain to me what makes it seem more like the mobo? I am just looking to educate myself for the future.

Is it the mobo because i KNOW the supplemental power is getting to it but perhaps its not getting power through the mobo?

Don't mean to be a bother, just curious!

Well, i decided to go ahead and buy a new Mobo, and figured i might as well replace my chip at the same time...

but i dont know whats what atm, so if anyone could give me some recommendations on moderately priced Chips and Mobos. I don't have many peripheries, Just my PCI-E video card (nvidia) and a SATA HD and a sony CD-rom

Okay, bought a new mobo, new chip, got it all nice and set up, posted fine, started loading into windows and the same exact thing just happened lol

decided to just buy a brand new video card as well and have a brand new computer. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom