Video performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobM

Solid State Member
My FPS has been extremely poor since day one. Even after upgrading my video card, ram, power supply, and hard drive. I'm getting 15-30FPS in games with all of the settings on low. I'm open to any suggestions at this point, because it seems like no matter what I try nothing seems to improve.

I also downloaded Aida32 and made a report the url is here File Share Free

X-Dreamer II case
MSI 865PE Neo2-PS motherboard
Intel Pentium 4E 3000 Prescott
Radeon X800 GTO
Creative SB Live! Sound Card
Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100

Rome: Total War, Half-Life 2, and World of Warcraft. Please keep in mind that I always put all of the graphics settings on the lowest possible, with the resolution at 1024x768. It has been suggested to me before that I flash my graphics card BIOS to unlock the 4 unused pipelines. However, I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Not sure about Rome but HL2 and WoW should pretty good on those specs. I would check things like drivers and make sure you're up to date, check for spyware, etc. Also post your 3dmark score so we can see if it's a problem with just these games or if your system is really performing slower than it ought to.

I would love to post my test results from 3dmark, but my computer crashes (with some weird colored squares all around) half way through the second game it tests. Also when my computer reboots afterwards it says something about dram timing too slow press any key to reload timing. I used to get that message quite a bit when I played the aforementioned games with their graphics on high.

After changing around what slots my ram were in, 3Dmark actually goes through almost all of the tests. It stops at the third sound test and gives me this error message "FSOUND_SetVolume: An invalid parameter was passed to this function." Even without completing the tests it still managed to give me a 3Dmarks score of 8952.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom