Video not appearing on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Anderson

Beta member
Hello, I was wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having with my computer. I built this computer about 3 months ago and it has been working fantastically until now, Video card is Radeon HD 4890, RAM: 6GB G.Skill 1333mhz, 750gb WD 7200RPM HDD, Lite-On CD/DVD Burner, an Apevia X-Dreamer 3 case, 2 cathodes, 1 red one blue, OCZ 600W Modular PSU, Motherboard is an Asus M4A785TD-M Micro ATX, and an AMD Athlon Propus Quad Core 2.9ghz.
Now, I know the Hard Drive isn't fried because it worked in another computer of mine, the video card isn't because the fan still spins unless thats just some weird reason, I don't think it's the motherboard but it might be, it recognizes all the fans I have, and the Video card, and the activity light goes on, so I don't know there, the memory to my knowledge isn't fried but seeing as my other computer is DDR2 and I have DDR3 memory I can't check if it works or not, I don't see any reason why it would be though, also, weird thing is, I tried using the onboard video on my motherboard with the video card taken out completely and no video showed up still, I tested my computer with and without a video card on multiple monitors and got the same result every time, no audio/video. I've got an Alienware monitor, it's 21.5 inches, has a specific name I don't remember. Hope someone can help, thank you.
Pictures of my computer here -

Here's some issues I've run into with video not appearing on monitor... 1) monitor is blown up *happened to me :(* "button with light on my monitor lights up but no picture*... 2) You have a bad graphics card or one not compatible with your motherboard (I bought brand new video card which was compatible from store and had it not work had to exchange it)... 3) your power supply might not be high enough for the video card to work (make sure you meet the video cards minimum requirements)... didn't fully read the whole entire book you typed so if any of this is canceled out from what you said try the other stuff. Hope you fix your problem and hope I helped... GL :)

You can always check the LCD buy hooking it up to another computer.
Always make sure it is compatible. These days you rarely have to worry about that.
His PSU is a 600W. I do not think he has inadequate watts. Broken, it could be, but he has enough watts for the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom