Video Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
Video Issues (New Pictures)

Hello,

I have an ATI 9800XT video card in a 3200 amd 64 system. Recently when playing games, the screen would turn into complete nothing, just colors and boxes and squares. Completely unrecognizable. Just jittering colors. This would be fixed usually on the first restart. Then it started taking 2-3 restarts to fix it. Eventually, yesterday, no amount of restarts or letting it sit will fix it. I have an Arctic Silencer on the card. The card was NOT overheating, I checked it often with ATITool. I have tried reseating it many times, and even cleaned the entire card with a static free cloth, including the connectors.

The computer itself is fine, I currently threw in an old RIVA TNT2 Pro from my old system into it just to get it up and running.

I also tried using the DVI and S-Video ports to see if it was just the VGA port that was messed up....no go on that either, same distortion of colors and boxes.

Any advice? Possible memory chip failure? Is it worth fixing? I just purchased a 9800pro from newegg for 70$.

EDIT: Here are some pictures
110660.jpg

110659.jpg

My monitor turns black everytime i play games. The monitor and system unit are still on but the screen is all black. I've tried updating my video card driver several times already. I've also installed additional fans on the system unit's casing. My video cards is an ATI Radeon 550XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom