Video Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob1tus

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm running on a GeForce 6800 Ultra OC with an eMachine monitor.

Before this main problem came about, I was having some issues with my video. I would see multi-colored pixels around certain things on my desktop. A couple of times my computer completely froze at a very pixely screen while I was playing Call of Duty 2, I had to restart the computer. After I reinstalled my video card drivers, it seemed to fix the issue.

After restarting my computer hours later, all I see is large pixels on my screen, the pixel formation and color seem to change as my computer loads to desktop.

This is not a monitor issue, I have hooked it to my brother's PC (which I am writing this from) and it works fine. Theres no way I can redownload my video card drivers considering I can't see anything, any help is greatly appreciated.

-What type of system are you running (specs)?
-Have you done any additional overclocking on the video card?
-Have you made sure the GPU fan is plugged in and functioning?
-Any idea what temps the card is running at?

If you have a spare hard drive, you could throw that in to test, and reset the CMOS.

Hey, thanks for the reply...

I'm running on an AMD Athlon-64 3200+ OEM, 1024MB RAM, BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB and an ABIT NF8 Motherboard.

No, I have not done any additional overclocking.

All fans seem to be running fine when the computer starts up.

I can't really say what temperature the card is running at, although I have left the PC off overnight to let everything cool off...it's done no good.

Hrm, I see that model has no onboard video....

If you have the hardware at your disposal, try to first swap out that AGP video card. If that doesn't work, sounds like a motherboard issue. Try clearing the CMOS on the motherboard.

If you have a spare harddrive handy, disconnect the one currently installed, and try running a windows install on the new one to see if you get the same large pixelish issue.

Thanks so much for the help.

I have a spare Radeon 9100 I can put into a slot, I'll try that first.

Clearing the CMOS will not get rid of my memory right? If not, I'll try this second.

I don't have a spare hard drive handy, although if the other two possible fixes don't work, a new hard drive isn't expensive at all.

After I placed in the Radeon 9100 and restarted the computer, it loaded up fine. I decided to reformat my pc with this video card, hoping it would get rid of any software issues causing the problem.

I hooked back in the 6800 Ultra, but the same problem occurred, so I hooked back the Radeon 9100 to download any type of drivers that might help. Amazingly, I'm getting no connection to the monitor. I hooked it in just like I did before.

Could my power supply be shorting out? I have a 500 watt power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom