Video is as if I'm downloading a huge jpeg on dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card works good in my other computer. Is just this **** BIOS not configuring at boot! (I think). The PnP-OS option is hidden in the BIOS and I can't a (working) tool to unhide it!

It's funny that I ordered another AGP card. Hopefully I have better luck this time :)

I once had a $150 headphone amp snatched since it was left outside the mailbox & the post office/landlord don't do jack about it. I got a refund but still...

ahh, the courier re-emburses for stolen items... right? thats why lots of times UPS doesnt even leave a package if there isnta secure place to drop it... becuase the company would need to pay for the stolen item and the driver probably gets a ear full and or finantial loss.
------------------

i never heard of that card, but this describes it right?... http://www.ati.com/products/embedded/ragemobilitym/

from what that says it has 8mbs of integrated memory? does that mean it usess system ram, like a integrated IGP?

If so thats what the prob is, you just using way to outdated technology with a system that doesnt support it... what is that thing like 15yrs old? you know you could solve your issue by just getting any other Graphics card.

The way I understood it (regarding the post office/courier)..."there's nothing we can do about it".

I can't believe you actually found it on ATi's site...I've been looking all over for the official docs/specs! It uses its own memory; not an integrated setup. To me, if you can see the screen at a decent resolution & the colors don't look funny, the card suits the job. I've been going off of onboard video (sometimes with only a 4MB or 8MB reservation of system ram) with no problems that makes me wanna grab some super-duper card.

The first new card I ordered was an nVidia GeForce4 MX 420 (for about $15). The second (that I will hopefully receive) is a GeForce 256 w/32MB for about $22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom