video drivers problem...possibly card itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arejay

Baseband Member
Well the other day my PC just started restarting itself...So i went through the steps of Warez_Monster's spyware removal, and ended up being that my video card was "not functioning properly" so i downloaded the updated driver from nvidia (i have an nvidia mx420) and it didnt help, actually I think it got worse...

So as a last resort I attempted a "repair" install of windows, but all it would do is freeze at 24 minutes remaining, and ask for the driver CD for my video card (which i do not have because I own a Dell...ugh) And I tried using the "driver resource" CD but it cant be accessed unless I decompress the files in windows, so that didnt work.

Needless to say I went and did a fresh install of XP over my original because it's the only way that It would work...Now...I'm afraid to update video drivers...Any suggestions?

Don't buy a dell would be the main suggestion. :p

Um no, you could use Driver cleaner pro and reinstall (The Driver) if it happens again.
Other then that get a new card.

We have had some issues at my work with updated video drivers causing problems. If you can find an older driver somewhere, use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom