Video driver problem?? Can't get image on monitor?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakedninjaz

Beta member
Howdy, 1st post!! Hope you guys can help!! Okay, so I have a Dell 560MT w/ windows 7. I am experiencing problems getting a display on my monitor. I plugged the monitor into my laptop and it worked fine, so I know it is not the monitor. Basically, when I boot up (no matter if I use HDMI, VMI, or VGA) I get a message on the screen saying "enter power saver mode" and the screen goes blank.

I've taken the battery out of the socket and EVEN reset the CMOS jumper and I still am getting the problem. Now, I did buy a new video card. If I reset the the CMOS jumper thing, and I plug in the new video card and plug in my monitor to that, will it default to that, or do I still have to disable the other one?

Please help!!! Thanks!!
Noah

Think you mean DVI, not VMI. ;)

The onboard video isn't working, you mean? If it is a card in there, what do you have?

Lol, Yes, I meant DVI...There is no card in there. Just a small thing that looks like the little USB blue tooth where the HDMI is...

Um, do you know if the computers even turning on?

That message come if your system doesnt power on.

I'm not sure if your system is even booting up, so a new gpu will do squat.

With the system "Running" Listem for harddrive noise, or even the windowsx startup sound.

Yes, it is booting up. The display actually worked last weekend for a little bit, and then later when I came back to the CPU it gave me the same problem. I did have this problem even before it worked last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom