Video card weird error during WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenny

Baseband Member
So I have a slightly brand new nvidia 8600 gt pci-e. I think this is a video card error but you guys are the experts. I'm at work atm so I can't post full computer specs but its like

2gb memory
256mb 8600 gt video card
intel duo core(bakc when they first came out, cant remember model)

Anyways what happens is during WoW and no other game which is sad because WoW doesn't require much graphics, sometmies the game will freeze or lag REALLY bad where my mouse can move, the sound still plays, and I can type something but it wont show up for about 2 minutes. or I can alt tab and in abut 3 minutes it will alt tab.

or little purple specs will come all over the screen in game and out of game, wont go away until I reboot but everything still palys fine. like a scrambled tv but purple specs.

ill have to SS it next time if that works.

have you tried posting on the WoW Tech Forums, or searching through them? A few weeks ago I had seen someone with a similar problem that had to move folders out of the WoW folder (Don't try it til you find out everything), Im using the same card you are and I get 60-70 FPS with all settings up all the way. Hope you get it fixed. You also may wanna check your GPU temp using Rivatuner or another program after about 30 min of WoW I barely shave 70 C on the same graphics card.

WoW Forums -> WoW Technical Support

I didn't think it was a temp issue because one time it happened right away.

I posted on the WoW forum with my personal response, never got any response. So I checked their faq about crashing issues and took all that crap out as well as lowering all the graphic settings. I don't crash nearly as much but I have an 8600gt, I shouldn't be having to play a game like WoW at low graphics.

I'll have to recheck the fans and stuff. Thanks for the help.

Is it a cooling issue of the video card or cpu?

And if you play WoW, it used to happen(until I moved some wow folders) 24-7 in any BG. Once tons of people were on the screen. Out of BGs, it RARELY happened.

Most definately would be a GPU temp thing, test your temp with Rivatuner, I just started using it and it works great for my 8600GT

I downloaded and installed rivatuner, what do I do with it? I tried to look for cpu temp or whatever.

With Rivatuner you open it up, under Main tab click on Customize in the second slot part, next to your video card driver and ram amount, then click on hardware monitoring, your GPU temp should be the bottom of the four graphs showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom