Video Card Upgrade Help

I got the gigabyte one. Its freaking huge. I figured I might need to get some kind of adapter or splitter but my local Best Buys and Radio Shacks now only carry iphones and xbox games.

Yes, I've seen the adapter need only one molex also but if OC it may need more power, Could also see if any store has a splitter that turns one molex in to two lol then back into the one 8 pin but also check to see if the store has a single molex to 8 pin adapter, Power supply will work but I'd save and eventually upgrade the PS myself. But yes you need the 8 pin fully powered to get the card working.

I think I explained it wrong. The 8 pin end is the one that plugs into the card itself along with a six pin. The other side splits into two different 4 pin male molex plugs. I have only one of the molex plugs on the 8pin cable plugged in as well as the six pin.

If I'm getting it right, you have one molex free and the adapter that came with the card needs two molex correct, If so this would be what you need, It only requires one molex to run the 8 pin.
4-pin Molex to 8 PIN EPS12V Connector PC Converter Adapter Cable - Newegg.com
This isnt the best option but if you came across one of these you could use it to give you the extra molex but if you order I would just get the molex to 8 pin i linked above.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=molex_splitter-_-12-196-309-_-Product

Last edited:
The second one is similar to what I ordered. I have no Idea why it is showing the wrong one though. I edited that post last night and the link is still wrong.

Hopefully you get the right part, Drives me crazy when I get anew toy and can't use it due to one little part missing lol happened when I got a second GTX470 to SLI only to discover I had no idea where I put the SLI bridge lol took me a while it eventually found it.

I got the part yesterday and everything is working great, except the site can I run it says my card is 3.1 gig but the card itself says 4.

Back
Top Bottom