Video Card trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdes

Beta member
I have a Asus p4s800d-x MB with 1 gig corsair ets? ram a p4 socket 478 2.4 ghz with a 400mhz fsb. Was running a radeon 9550 and upgraded to a geforce 7600gs agp.

Basically the first day I got great FPS in source, then I didn't play for a week or so and now I am getting really low FPS in cs:s. like 15-35. I was getting a low power error from the card and I figured my psu was going out anyhow so I replaced it with a 550 watt psu. Ths didn't effect my issue. I have tried drivers, reseating, unplugging all but MB, vid card, and hard drive, but have gotten no change from any of these actions. I was getting a steady 65 with the 9550 so the 7600gs should be kicking it's ***. Now I tried to put the 9550 back in and it seems to be having the same issue now. I was geting 100 FPS with all settings on high the first day with the 7600gs. I don't seem to have any issue except the low FPS in games. I am going to try and run a stress test on my CPU tonight while I sleep. Maybe it's my CPU going out, as it is about 4-5 years old.

Bumpy

that could be a possibility, this is just a guess but since you were getting such great frame rates, the card might have worked to its limit to get it and in return might have sent a jolt of power to the agp slot and damaged its just a guess though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom