Video Card Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizihizake

Beta member
Today I was happy to receive a DVD-ROM for my comp. So I hooked it up and booted up my comp. However, my monitor was not displaying ANYTHING during bootup, or during running windows. It is a GeForce 6800.

-Monitor does not show anything while plugged into vid card

-vid card is still on, judging from its big blue light

-The monitor is perfectly functional on my currently used onboard, and works on my other computer as well.

-I just tried to reinstall the drivers that came with my video card, but my computer cannot even recognize it.

-Does not work even after completely disconnecting the DVD-ROM.

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

hi, few things to try. firstly does it come on when u remove the DVD drive? *EDIT sorry just saw at end of message u already tried this...(working too much :p ), secondly does it require a PCIE power plug to function, and if so is that still plugged in or was it pulled out accidently when u stuck the new drive in... finally, and this happened to me. If you need a pcie psu plug for the card to function, and ur power supply doesnt have a built in one, ull need to use an adapter, now what i did was attached the adapter to the psu but i also tried to run a DVD drive off it at the same time, cudnt get enuff power to run so my drive and card failed, so now i have the pcie on its own dedicated molex plug, and nothing else running from the same cable and works fine. Sorry hope that made sense?

good luck

oh and make sure the card is bedded properly in the motherboard as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom