Video Card Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

miztamajic

Solid State Member
I have a 7600gs, and i just recieved it today and ive been playing css and cod2 and about 3-4 mins in i drop down to 10-20fps, then i look at my video card temp and its 90+ degrees celsius, and so i sprayed down the video card with dust cleaner and now its 55-60 then when i play games its about 70-75 can anyone help me please :)

Rest of my specs are as follows :

AMD Dual Core 4200+
120gig HD
7600gs 512mb
2gb of ram
DvD/CD drive

did you put an aftermarket cooler on it? if not.. for a 7600... 70 degress isnt too hot.. the threshhold is probably about 120 degrees...

That's right, the more powerful your video card is the harder it works and more heat it dispense. What you want to do is minimize your case temperature by installing two system fans (1 in the front to blow cool air in and 1 in the back to blow out warm air). Keep your system case cool and you can minimize the temperature in your case and keep other hardware that doesnÂ’t have any cooling mechanism cooled. There's also PCI slot cooler that can be use to suck warm air from your video card when place parallel to it.

Law said:
That's right, the more powerful your video card is the harder it works and more heat it dispense. What you want to do is minimize your case temperature by installing two system fans (1 in the front to blow cool air in and 1 in the back to blow out warm air). Keep your system case cool and you can minimize the temperature in your case and keep other hardware that doesnÂ’t have any cooling mechanism cooled. There's also PCI slot cooler that can be use to suck warm air from your video card when place parallel to it.

Excuse me, do you have any links to any quiet 80 mm fans and quiet 120 mm fans, there is a slot on both the back and 2 slots on the front of my machine, also, would you get the front as intakes and the back as exhaust only because you would probably be intaking the hot PSU air if you put an intake on the back?

Your computer components are geared more towards the back in a traditional computer case, where most of the hot spot reside, therefore it's wiser to have an intake fan in the front. The front where the fan is attach is usually lower and sits under other component so it won't have to worry about the heat that will be dispense if other hardwares were under it (heat rises).

The back fan as an exhaust because the back of your case where the fan is attach is usually higher than the front of the case (because the CD/DVD hard drive and floppy occupied those space already). The exhaust fan and the PSU will help suck out air together, that's why you should put the exhaust fan in the back.

http://www.zalmanusa.com/

They make great cooling products, I suggest you buy a fan controller as well. This is useful for controlling the speed of your fan when you're playing games and when you want it to just be quiet. Try finding one that will turn the fans off if you want complete silence.

Also, if you want to make your system quieter, try getting one of the zalman cpu cooler. They usually come with a fan controller for the CPU fan. And don't forget about your PSU fans, some PSU you can change the fan and some you can't. Just get a new, quieter, good brand name PSU.

Have you ever thought about doing liquid cooling?

Yes I have, but I need to consolidate cash for college as well as learn more about it before I attempt to put something liquid through my running computer =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom