Video Card Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiljaedan31

Beta member
First one (I am pretty knowledgeable compated to average guy on comps but I never wondered this before) say I go to buy a vid card it says 512 mbs but does not specify if it's on board or used from my ram. No website I find seems to specify with most. newegg,tigerdirect etc.

Second Question, Can anyone recommend a decent vid card at low end price range for me? I am running windows vista 3 gigs of ram dual core 2.66 ghz. The full extent of the vid card is running world of warcraft on heightened graphical settings while using a second monitor to watch whatever I wanna see. Video, etc.

Honestly my price range is 50 or less excluding shipping and handling but if one cannot be found in that price range then I can save a bit longer for one. (nothing high budget, wow with high settings and a second monitor for video. And thats the MOST it will be used)

Oh I dunno why I forgot to mention this but my comp has all 3. agp, pci, and pcie

Third question, I found one video card that i think meets parameters but I am not familiar with the company and wanted to know if you could give me any info on it good or bad.

KFA2 GeForce 8400 GS Video Card - 512MB GDDR2, PCI Express 1.0 x16, Support for 1GB Memory, (Dual Link) DVI. VGA, HDTV, Low Profile 84SFE4HDFCXX at TigerDirect.com

Hey, here's something that you may be interested in: NVIDIA kicks out low-end GeForce 9400 GT, starting price $59 - Engadget

I personally haven't used the KFA2 cards, but I used to work at Tiger Direct and we never got any complaints about them. They seem like decent cards, and they're fairly inexpensive. Just make sure you buy them instore, and double check on the warranty status for the products. Normally the KFA2 stuff has only a year of manufacturers warranty on it, with the initial 30days covered by Tiger.

To stay in the price range of the 8400, I can suggest these two:

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450/HTP/512M Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100235L Radeon HD 3470 256MB 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

The 9400 runs $70 or so, and Nvidia has been recalling the mid to low end 8000 series chips... they are failing in laptops, and the recall has been extended to desktop GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom