Video card PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaljoo

Solid State Member
I am thinking of getting a ATI HD 5450 video card I have a 350w PSU but on the internet it says that it needs 400w PSU but I have head that the card runs fine on even 250w PSUs my system has:
CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800~ 1.6 GHz
RAM: 1024MB ram (2/512mb) DDR2
I have and itergrated Nvidia 6150
I really dont know mutch about computer PSUs but it has
AC input 115/230VAC 8A/4A 50/60HZ
AC output 115/230VAC 1A/0.5A
I really dont know what that means if it dose anything
I know that theres a site where you con input your PC spec. and get a W reading but I dont know my system that well and frankly I cannot fill the information correcly if I need to give more information just say and Ill try to give it. (sorry for the bad english).

I am thinking of getting a ATI HD 5450 video card I have a 350w PSU but on the internet it says that it needs 400w PSU but I have head that the card runs fine on even 250w PSUs my system has:
CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800~ 1.6 GHz
RAM: 1024MB ram (2/512mb) DDR2
I have and itergrated Nvidia 6150
I really dont know mutch about computer PSUs but it has
AC input 115/230VAC 8A/4A 50/60HZ
AC output 115/230VAC 1A/0.5A
I really dont know what that means if it dose anything
I know that theres a site where you con input your PC spec. and get a W reading but I dont know my system that well and frankly I cannot fill the information correcly if I need to give more information just say and Ill try to give it. (sorry for the bad english).

Its not a problem at all, device manager in windows or CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
That will tell you watch you have in there, for the ati hd 5450 your barely scraping on by with that psu.
But it may do temporarily, if your thinking about any light or medium range gaming I prefer you get a good dual core with psu.

Newegg.com - Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply
I have this with my AMD APU quadocore with PNY GT 520 and 4 other drives, it hasn't given me one issue and is too quite.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Callisto 3.3GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ560WFGMBOX
Thats just for an example if you want to get more power from your system, tell us what kind of pc you got and we'll go from there.

But how about a nvidia gt 210 I just need a new video card could you give me a link to a video card that I could use with my PSU?

But how about a nvidia gt 210 I just need a new video card could you give me a link to a video card that I could use with my PSU?

Sure, but please open up your case and look at the psu tell me what manufacturer it is what watts it has and see if it says ATX.
Just being cautious because I don't want you to have a vga card that your current psu will not handle well.
Newegg.com - MSI N520GT-MD2GD3/LP GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 2GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

This is way more better than a GT210 and you'll get better performance. :)

The manufacturer is CODEGEN (I think) 350W and it has ATX 2.03(P4)

I looked up that psu model, your barely cutting it with that psu you got at the moment.
If you have had it for more than a year, I would consider looking into a antec psu that I posted.
That should do it for basic needs, anything pushing your pc and sempron from what it can't handle with that codegen your asking for problems soon.

Hope it helps you, and let me know how it turns out when you have your stuff hooked up.

Ok I will do so but could the gt 210 do? because I need a video card now I have a nvidia 6150 witch can do almost no games at all.

Ok I will do so but could the gt 210 do? because I need a video card now I have a nvidia 6150 witch can do almost no games at all.

If it makes you happy and will do the job, go ahead and pick one up.
Your system will have no problems taking it in.

Ok thanks for all the help man I will pickup a gt 210 and later upgrade to a new PSU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom