Video Card: problems with playing movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamacomputer

Solid State Member
Hello. I'm not sure if this goes here or not, if not please move it to the right forums. Anyways, I just installed a new video card... a Geforce 6800. Games are looking great. However, when I play a video in either WMP, Quicktime, or even DivX, the colors are all screwed up... it looks like it's in really high contrast or something. When I play videos online I don't have this problem, though.

Is there something wrong with my video card? How can I fix this problem?

Go into your system properties:
sysproperties.jpg

I had this too with the same card.
This will fix it.

hrmmmm. Were your initial settings in system performance set to performance or appearance to begin with ?

If you were set to performance you need to go into the properties of your wmp or whatever you watch the movies on and check for settings having to do with graphic qualities.

My initial settings were set to performance. I looked all over WMP and there isn't any options in there for graphical qualities.

Anything else that would help?

It's not just a WMP problem, it's a problem with playing videos overall (WMP, Quicktime, Realplayer, and DivX). That's why I'm posting here, I though it was a hardware problem.

I had the EXACT same problem as you have. the colors are incorrect, smeared, super high contrast. At first i thought it was a dual monitor issue, so I disabled and unplugged my second monitor and tried playing an Mpeg. no luck. HOWEVER, Quicktime ran without problems. so try that. the downside to quicktime is that it doesn't play .wmv's.

I'm sorry, but the only thing that completly fixed it for me was a reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom