Video Card Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuriynyr

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a strange problem with my PC.

when i turn the pc on, my desktop looks strange with weird artifacts on it(this doesnt happen always, sometimes its fine.) But when i start a game, thats when things get a little crazy... the screen becomes black with some blue artifacts on the black screen, the game freezes and i have to close it from the task manager.

at the bottom right near the clock it shows "display driver has stopped working and has recovered" everytime i Alt+F4 a game or Ctrl+Alt+Delete it.

however some of the time after i get the black screen from the games with the artificats, my monitor just shut off as if my video card failed.

The video card runs very cool at 62°C, and my voltages seem fine. I dont understand how it can be fryed if it even is since when i go to the desktop properties, windows does detect my video card and so does directx and i am able to see the desktop.

I have downloaded the latest Video Drivers along with DirectX and still the same. This just started happening recently and i dont know how or why.

Is my video card fryed? If so how can i tell for sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Yuriy. Sorry for the essay :D

Specs...
MB: ASUS P5k SE Motherboard
GPU: Evga 8800 Ultra Superclocked
Processor: Quad Core 9300
Ram: 4GB Gskill (2 rams with 2gb each)
PSU: Antec Truepower Quattro 850Watt

62C isint bad but is the card overclocked? i only get the "display driver has stopped working and has recovered" when i push the core on my 9800gtx above 860mhz, implying a unstable overclock.

no never clocked it at all. i just wish there is still some hope to fix it since windows does detect it, im hoping thats a good sign.

yeah your right about it being rediculously expensive... this card alone cost me about $720 =(

i hope you didnt pay $720 for it recently, you can get a 8800ultra at tigerdirect for like $200 if i remember correctly.

I just tried to use the vid card and when it loaded to the desktop, my screen was black with blue artifacts, i was still able to see the mouse cursor, but my monitor shut off.

so i put my old video card back. i fear the worst.

and no philbar, i bought this card when it just released :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom