Video card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hey,
I was playing Oblivion, and then there was a loading because I was going in another area. And then, a blank screen (after the loading) but there was still music. It was like that for around 2 mins. After, I had a BSOD and the only thing I could of read was "nv4_disp". Is that a problem with my video card? It's only been a week that I have it. It's a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT CO (PCI-E). I don't think it ever did that with my old video card (ATI x600). Sometimes, the game only hangs, like a BIG lag, for around 2 mins but it doesn't crash up my PC.

So, does anyone knows my problem?

have you completely removed the catalyst drivers with driver cleaner? if it reports a file like that with the BSOD it is a driver issue. but your are right it is related to your graphics card but it is a driver problem not a hardware problem. i suggest you use driver cleaner to remove all current video drivers and then re-install the nVIDIA Forceware driver version 81.98 or later.

Use driver cleaner, remove the driver using the control panel first and then run driver cleaner. I use it just to update my Nvidia drivers, I uninstall the old one and then use driver cleaner and then install the new one. I was getting problems like yours when I wasn't taking the old version driver off before installing the new one. Here's the link to driver cleaner. Hope it helps.
http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom