Video Card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
I got a agp 9000 radeon 128mb. I went into bios switched the setting from pci to agp/onboard. I put the card in pc boots and i get no picture from teh card. And if i unplug the vga cable from the video card and put it onto my onboard i still get no picture. Now i take teh card out, boot into windows and goto device manager and right click on my onboard video card and click disable. i reboot put the card in, plug in VGA and pc boots but no display, i unplug and plug it into my onboard and i get picture. so wtf is wrong?

you need to disable the onboard video and not from windows , you need to do it from the bios or via an onboard jumper (depends on the mobo,just download the pdf manual and have a look) , also to avoid conflicts you should uninstall the onboard video driver before putin the card , if after the onboard video is disabled youll still get no output from the card then its faulty

dont know how old your board is... or what kind of safe gaurd it has against putting the wrong kind of card in... but maybe your board is only compatable with 3.3v agp cards? i assume the 9000 is 1.5v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom