Video card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malafaia

Solid State Member
Hello everyone!

The thing is...my pc is okay, but everytime i play a game on it, it turns off!

I mean,i start playing any game(Half Life,Video game emulators,etc...)and its fine,but after a few minutes,my PC turn off by himself.......i don't know what's happening! My friend says that it can be a video card problem,but i don't know much about hardware,so that's why i came here :)

I hope someone can help me. :confused:

Thanks and bye! ;) :D

get the latest drivers for the card see if that helps and let us know. also by shut down do you mean just off instanly and it restarts or what? does it restart?

Thanks, I will try getting the latests drivers for my videocard ;)

Well...i will try to explain......

I run the game.....and after im playing,like 5 minutes later,my PC just shuts down....the CPU turns off,the NUM LOCK of my keyboard is ON,my moniter is on aswell :rolleyes:

the graphics card or cpu could be overheating too thats another thing. try the drivers first.

Yeah, I too tought that way.....

I forgot to tell.....after my PC shuts down,when i try to turn it on,its ok,but after a few seconds,still starting the PC in the DOS screen,it shuts down again....so i have to wait like,at least, 5 minutes.....

After i wait 5 minutes,my PC gets through the DOS screen and starts the windows and doesn't shutdown anymore....too strange :S

I just installed the newest driver for my Video Card.....i will try playing some games and see if it doesn't turn off. ;)

EDIT: It didn't work.......it shutted down 20 minutes after I started playing. :(

check the temperatures on the graphics card and the cpu just before it shuts down that sounds like the problem.

if its over heating you can get better cooling for one. what kind of graphics card do you have? when did this all start happening.

Well,it started after i re-install my windows XP....

My graphic card is "INTEL 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller"

"you can get better cooling for one". You mean,i will have to buy a better cooler or something or i will just have to configure something in my PC?

i was lead to believe you have a graphics card. but you have integrated graphics. i suggest just buying a graphics card often times on board video fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom