Video card not producing a display

Status
Not open for further replies.

zemn612

Beta member
I'm having an odd problem. My video card (PNY Geforce 7600 GS PCIe)is not waking up my monitor. Now, for six months, it was working fine with no problems. But then just last week, when I booted up the computer there was no display. However, the computer did boot up just fine, as I heard windows open through my speakers.

I powered off the computer, removed the video card and tried again. No display. I then powered off again and plugged the monitor into the onboard video. That worked no problem. So I thought my video card died. So I planned to buy one within the next few days.

But, the following day I powered up my comp, and there was no display with the onboard video. I power down and try the video card again. Nothing. So I remove the video card and try the onboard. Now it's working again.

A few days go by. I decide to see if the video card really is dead. So I put it back in my comp to see if the fan is still running. Fan works, so I plug the monitor into it and I get a display! I let it run all day, and there's no problem, no graphic glitches or anything. Runs smooth. So I power down, let the comp sit for a few minutes and power back up. No display.

Here is my computer info :
AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
Gateway GT5034 Media Center Computer
Windows XP
2gb ram
PNY Geforce 7600 GS PCIe
Motherboard Name Foxconn C51GU01 Series
300w power supply

Thanks again!

lol. nice story :)

first try removing the RAM for couple minutes and then plug it it back in, or try plugging it into a different slot. But to tell u the truth sound to me like faulty power supply. You got a lot of stuff running on that PSU, so try swapping one from someone else to see if its the PSU is the main problem. 300 watt is like minimum for a system like that

yea if its not the power supply try disabling on board video in the bios then plug in the card and try it from there just a guess though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom