Video card issues(multiple)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
k first issue is i upgraded my dads video card from a nvidia FX5200XT(128 MB) to the ATI X1600pro(512 MB) and i cant see a difference...??? he plays flight sim 2004 and wants it not to jitter when set to have good graphics. usually it jump between framerates from 6- 89fps??? but usually sits at about 16fps???. updated software and done everything i can think of plz assist...

his computer:
HP Pavilion a564n
3.2 P4
2 GIGs value ram
200GIG HDD

second issue i need a new video card in my new PC and i cannot decide what to get. currently have ATI Radeon 9600xt looking at 3 cards all agp versions:

ATI Radeon X850PRO
ATI Radeon X850XT
ATI Radeon X800XT All in wonder

i dont like the x850xt b/c it takes up two slots but...

my rig has following configurations:

ASUS P4S800D-X mobo
Intel Prescott 3.0ghz 1MB cache
2 GIGs Corsiar XMS
250 GIG WD HDD

opinions, helpful advise, solutions? thanks for help to either or both problems.

Looby

Go in the BIOS and make sure the RAM settings are above 1 gig. MAke sure all of the connectors for the card are connected in the propper place. Is the card getting too hot?

There is 3 possibilities :)

go into ur device manager and make sure the card is set as ur primary video device

nope nothing i still get crap frame rates and a lot of jitter. in the bios i noticed that it has a spot to pick PCI or AGP for the primary graphics slot and i have tryed both and it makes no difference... so... i am almost at the 30 day return limit and NEED this fixed or i need to return it in the next few days PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom