Video Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira987

Beta member
Hello
One year ago I bought an Ati X1550 video card with 512mb of RAM for my Pc. Since I bought it, it started to show some problems. One of them was that some video aplications, like divx wouldn´t play any videos no matter if I uninstalled them and reinstalled them. The most serious one was that sometimes when I turned on my PC there was no display. I installed the correct drivers, display drivers only as I had problems with some games, and kept updating them. Even by doing this the problem continued to show up. As a consecuence I had to reboot my pc several times in order to get the video card working. I kept doing this for over a year but not anymore, today I started a video player, zoom player, and suddenly my pc crashed and my video card no longer displayed any video no matter how many times I rebooted my PC and I was forced to use my old video card, a geforce 4. What is causing this to my video card? Does this means my video card is dead? Can I fix it somehow? Currently I have an Intel Pentium IV with 3.06 GHZ, 1536mb of Ram, Windows Vista ultimate edition 32bit version.
Thank you for your answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom