Video card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine4969

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my video card. When I try to run games, there's little squares made up of what seem to be pixels all over the screen. I have an x800gto, I'm not overclocking, and I mainly notice in in BF2142, although it's present in all games. Any help would be appreciated.

It's running pretty cool, I'm not overclocking, and I even tried underclocking. As far as psu goes, it's a Rosewill 400W.

You might try downloading the latest drivers + software from ATI-that helps a lot of issues. When did this problem begin occuring?

I have the latest drivers, and I just built the pc for christmas. Could it be a shader support problem? Because a friend told me that the X800 series was dated in terms of the shader models they support.

It this a new card? If not, those artifacts are indicative of a failing video card. I also presume taht is an unpowered PCIe card? I'd seriously consider buying an Nvidia 7900gt as the prices have really fallen with the release of the 8800's. You won't be disappointed and that card will provide excellent game play at most every setting!!!

I'm thinking of an X1800GTO, as that's more in my price range. Will it work with a 400W psu?

Yes, but you had better not have a whole lot of other powered peripherals or you are going to get alot of random restarts.

Well, I have:

nVidia nForce4 Socket AM2 mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket AM2
1 gig of Wintec AMPX RAM
80gb 7,200 RPM Hard drive
CD/DVD burner
120MM case fan

Nothing too over the top, the video card is really the most power-hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom