Video Card Installation problems, pixelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishFairy

Beta member
Hi, Im a first time poster here, having some graphic card installation problems..

My specs..
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2000 MHz
2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM )
PCI and AGP bus
Manufacturer:MSI K8T Neo-V (MS-7032)
Model: Ms-7032
CPU/Ram: 2 GHz / 2047 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Temps:
Processor Temperature : 26.5 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 41 °C

Please dont laugh..lol..anyway..as you can see I have a crappy video card..so I just purchased an EVGA NVIDIA 8400 GS..AND a new psu, 550 watt, should be plenty to run the card.

So..I uninstall the old drivers..even use Driver Sweeper to make sure..install the new card..and drivers..everything is fine until reboot..then I get a totally pixelated screen. Its neon colors and cant read anything on it..btw.its a PCI card..so it says..and I have both PCI and AGP bus slots, and bios is set to both.

Screenshot: Zi6_0290.jpg picture by Faerytear - Photobucket

I also installed this 5200 just a week ago from a previous 5200 that went out. So the installation went fine with this one.

Strange thing is..I go into PC Wizard to see..or BARELY see..what its saying about the card..it is saying its PCI E..at least I THINK it says that since it's almost impossible to see the screen. The card itself is PCI.

I tried getting into my bios..and no luck..I have a razor keyboard and no matter what key I hit..I cant access bios..

What do you think is wrong..is it the graphics card itself? Just got it from Tiger Direct..hmmm
I really cant afford to spend any more money! Im a single mom and it was bad enough buying a psu and card. HELP! :)

I recommend contacting TigerDirect for a replacement card :D

TY, yes I did contact them and they sent me the label to send through UPS..I asked for a refund, as someone gave me a link for a better card from Newegg..ooo they wouldnt be too happy , Im sure, to hear that.

Haha Newegg is better anyways! (Actually I don't have much of an opinion, I've bought everything from Newegg and absolutely nothing from Tiger Direct) Hope your problems will be solved with this new card.

Haha Newegg is better anyways! (Actually I don't have much of an opinion, I've bought everything from Newegg and absolutely nothing from Tiger Direct) Hope your problems will be solved with this new card.

LOL..well Ive heard good stories about both..Ive always used TD..so now its time to try out NE..anyway..its frustrating having to go through all this process of refunding and crud..but TY for your support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom