Video Card Installation Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poemaster

In Runtime
Hey My Friends little brother is having me isntall a new 8500 on his older Compaq (not sure of brand etc. can get that later) The Mobo had a stock asus PCI-E card I replaced the cards and he purchased a new PSU I installed that as well and am having trouble getting things working I plug in my moniter and recieve the usual No Signal Message only its a little bigger a bit warped any ideas also the PSU uses a 6 pin to connect next to the CPU but the mobo has a older 4 pin I just used 4 on the side should work right? well after I plug it in fans wont spin etc. only al ight goes on when its out fans spin etc. but no display.

Ok good to know figured if ground and power were both there it would work but perhaps im thinking of something else
What Search terms should I use when looking for an adapter

The card should have come with one. Basically its just 2 molex connectors going into a 6pin pci-e connector.

Im referring to the 4 pin 12v on the mobo next to the CPU that needs something plugged into it

Does anyone know where to get one of these so called adapters I tried putting the old graphics card back in and things just mess up I get a weird black and white screen and then my moniter constantly turned on and off the PSU has a 6pin 12v connected but the mobo uses a 4 pin any help anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom