Video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypcbroke

Baseband Member
Short background is in this thread http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/computer-messed-up-i-need-help-172176/

Basically, I'm assuming my video card is the cause of random lock ups in games-only games, everything else works fine thus far.

I need a program to verify this, like a stress test or something, to verify that I am spending my money to replace the RIGHT part.

Also, if this is the cause, I was thinking of purchasing the 8600gt by XfX with the Zalman fan, 109 bucks on newegg. (Mid range card, around 100 bucks.)

Best stress test around is ATITool. Just click on the stress test button at the bottom left corner.

Or you can use a demanding game like Crysis or Oblivion or use 3DMark06 to stress your video card.

currently running for artifacts in atitool. none detectederrors however my vid card is at 74 degrees celcius.

What video card do you own right now? You can either use ATITool to set your fan speed and download RivaTuner to set it with nVidia cards. Although either program works for most video cards of either brand. Then just set the fan to 100%.

74 Celcius for a video card is perfectly fine though. I'm not so sure your problem is video related.

What video card do you own right now? You can either use ATITool to set your fan speed and download RivaTuner to set it with nVidia cards. Although either program works for most video cards of either brand. Then just set the fan to 100%.

74 Celcius for a video card is perfectly fine though. I'm not so sure your problem is video related.

fan is at 100%, so IDK if this is even a video card problem anymore, maybe it's my motherboard or something? So much crap could be wrong and I'm trying to narrow it down but one thing always leads to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom