Video Card Gone Bad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
How do you know when a video card goes bad?

I think my 2 week old 8800GTS(g92) has gone bad because if its not my one monitor, my other one gets all fuzzy for 10 - 20 seconds at a time, then finally kicks back in.

Any ideas? How could both monitors be bad?

First step is to use the newest drivers from nvidia.com. Have you tried switching the two monitors slots? See if the problem with monitor A is now B's and vice-versa. That should ensure the problem isn't monitor related. If you've tried that, try unplugging one of the monitors and only using one for a while. If the problem still persists it's leaning mostly towards a video card issue.

First step is to use the newest drivers from nvidia.com. Have you tried switching the two monitors slots? See if the problem with monitor A is now B's and vice-versa. That should ensure the problem isn't monitor related. If you've tried that, try unplugging one of the monitors and only using one for a while. If the problem still persists it's leaning mostly towards a video card issue.

I would download a copy of Driver Cleaner (it's Free), uninstall you Nvidia Drivers and install new drivers form Nvidia as suggested. Sounds like dirvers are fubared to me.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

DriverCleaner won't guarantee that your driver is removed completely however. There was another problem just solved that DriverCleaner didn't remove the driver properly and had reformat. It is a very good program for the most part though.

DriverCleaner won't guarantee that your driver is removed completely however. There was another problem just solved that DriverCleaner didn't remove the driver properly and had reformat. It is a very good program for the most part though.

Unless I am blind, I am pretty sure I have the latest drivers. I never install drivers from a disc, I get the latest ones from nvidia.com.

I unhooked the monitors and only had 1 and it still did it. Seems like this video card is hosed. I guess that's what happens when you thing your getting something good and spend tons of money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom