Video card fan won't slow down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

600MHZ

Solid State Member
I have a asus radeon ax800xl 256mb pic-E. It used to work fine but a now it won't slow it's fan lower than 3200rpm. I use ATI tray tool to control the fan speed, I also tried asus smartdoctor but it does the same thing. The card idles at about 45 celcius. I use to run it at 2300rpm and the noise is really irritating. Any help?

You could try using RivaTuner. It works with both ATI and nVIDIA. It has options to control the speed of the fan on 2D apps, 3D low and high power apps. If this doesnt fix the problem, you could try an aftermarket cooler.

I ordered the Thermalright HR 03 for my 7900gt because the fan was the loudest thing in my case even at idle.

Yeah I don't really like the idea of buying a new cooler because mine is pretty quiet when it runs at low rpm. I was thinking that it might be a software problem and maybe it is possible to clear the file where the fan speed is stored or something. Anyone has any clues?

you should check the vid card bios (there ARE programs that let you view and make changes to the bios for nvidia it is nibtorrent i beleve i dont know of any for ati though). i will look for a bios editor for you. i have had a simLAR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom