video card dieing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
hi,

I have an XFX 6600GT (atm it's not installed), it started earlier today........i restarted the computer and after it got past the XP screen to the desktop my screen starts to flicker and the computer freezes (and i mean freezes i cant do anything) , i'm guessing my card is dieing could it be true?, i have an old G4 MX4000 (PCI) in right now and the computer works fince (except CS:S it freezes i got work on that).

At this point i can not buy a new card, cause i am low on funds, but i was planning to upgrade to PCI-E later this year, but it looks like i'm gonna have to skip the RAM and get the new board and card after my birthday (cause i get money :D ).

If you want my specs they are below

most likley just cant handle it and from what you describe it does sound like the card is failing try it in another machine first before you trash it though.

i don't really have much to test it in, the other board i have is a P4 with an AGP board but i don't have a PSU powerful enough to handle it aside from what i'm using

try to ask a friend to test it in their machine but it sounds like trash to me if you can get the machine to work fine with another video card. so start savin :)

i was planning on upgrading anyway in a couple of months, i'll have to wait to test it in my buddies computer since he's in the process of moving wonder what i can get out of this pice of crap Geforce 4? do you know of any volt mods for it? it's an XFX as well

i wouldnt try overclocking a peace of crap like that unless you want to burn the house down lol just be patient.

patient? that doesn't run through my family that much, i might as well overclock the thing, it might allow a bit better performance out of CS:S

crappy things like that arent ment to be overclocked you will fry it then you will have nothing to play on. anything without a fan i dont trust to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom