Video Card Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I recently changed my computer's case and when I started it up the screen had all sorts of junk on it. Mainly patterns of lines and some other little things but it was all over the screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, I also uninstalled the drivers but no luck. I think I might have damaged it when I was trying to take off the heatsink, which apparently can't be done on an MSI Radeon 9800 PRO. Does this sound familiar to anyone or have any suggestions on what I should try before I look into a new card.

When you were trying to take off the video card's fan, did you make sure it was secured back to the card, and that the fan still is connected and spins when powered? It sounds like the card is over heating.

The only thing I was able to take off I was able to put back on just fine, I've taken that off before and its worked just fine afterwards I wasn't able to really take anything else off so the heatsink is deffentially secured on there. I wasnt that gentle with the video card when I was trying to get the heatsink off but I wasnt so determined that I was using a hammer or anything drastic. Heres a picture of what it looks like.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5913/untitledko8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom