Video Card Bricked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recoup

Beta member
Hello, I've recently constructed a new computer that I've saved up for a few months to build. It's specs are:

Disk Drive: Lite-On 20x LH-20A1L
Motherboard: MSI K9N SLI Platinum AM2
RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Power Supply: Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 ATX12V 550W
Video Card: MSI NX8600GTS GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Now, my problem is that I have everything nicely hooked up and everything, but when I turn the computer on, all the fans, lights, and the works come on - however, there are no beeps, and there is no video. It runs, but nothing happens. Screen stays black and that's it.

I have the power hooked into the card and everything is in its proper place - etc. The only problem is I just have no video. >.<

Suggestions?

By the way, I have hooked up this computer on bare essentials outside of the case to test for a short - I still have the same problem. No video at all or any indication it is working whatsoever.

Either you dont have something pluged in all the way or your shorting out on the case. Take the board out of the case and lay it on an anti static bag and leave your cpu and ram on the board. Plug your Vid card in and cross the two pins to start. This will at least rule out the grounding idea. If you want you can first try to reseat everything. If none of these work I would suspect CPU or motherboard. Also try just one stick of ram at a time and in different slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom