Video card boot woes - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2005, 05:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Video card boot woes

Hi Guys.
Sorry that my first post is a whinge for help, but this has been driving me daft for a couple of months.

I have a system with an Epox 8HDA3+ mobo. (full spec below) I bought a Gigabyte 6600GT silentpipe (no fans, yay) for it. With this card in, the system fans spin, the lights come on but no boot. it won't even post. There is a diagnostic LCD on the board which sticks at FF (=trying to boot, according to the manual).

It isn't the board, because if I put the XFX6800LE out of my other system in it, everything is fine.

It isn't a fault on the card, because that works perfectly in the other system.

I know the easy option is just to run things that way round, but 1) it's annoying, and 2) I bought the gigabyte because it's quiet and it has vivo.

Any help appreciated.

Epox 8HDA3+ AGP mobo
1 gig stick of no-name ram
Athlon64 3000+ S754
Seagate barracuda sata 200 gig x2
Hiper Power type R 480 watt PSU
(for now) AGP XFX GeForce 6800LE - All pipes and shaders open, god bless Rivatune
SUSE 9.3 / Windoze XP Pro SP2 dual boot
Closed Thread