video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

purdueman216

Solid State Member
i dont think my video card has been working correctly. i had to get a new motherboard after my old one fried in a storm for some reason. but now i cannot play some games that i used to be able to. so today i went to see what video card i have so i could try and upgrade it, so i did run, DXDIAG. and where under display where the device name should be, nothing is there. this is what it says under notes.

The file vga.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

any help on what to do thanks

First you have to find out what video card you have.

You can right click on your desktop and select properties. Then go to the settinigs tab. It will show you what type of video card you have. If you want more info you can click on the advanced button. There it will tell you more stuff like how much memory your card has.

After that, go to the manufacture's website and download the drivers related to your video card.

If you still can't find out what video card you have try downloading this to see if it can identify it.

Download EVEREST Home Edition 2.20 - filehippo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom