Video card at 115+ degrees C

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2k1099

Beta member
I'm at a loss. I've tried everything i know to try to get my card to cool down. I took an air duster to the entire inside of my pc and took out all the parts to individually dust them off. I've opened my case and placed a fan toward the inside, I've even put the pc directly in front of my window AC unit, but it never fails -

When i play a cdrom game requiring me to use full screen my video card overheats after about 45 min and my pc automatically shuts off.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 series.

I'm thinking my vid card is most likely shot. But i guess i need a second opinion?

If anyone knows something to help this piece of sh1t card cool off, i would really appreciate anything i can get.

Thanks

Try taking off the HSF on the card, and reapplying some thermal compound.

Thank you. I haven't tried that yet.

The HSF is the card's fan, correct?

Also, how can you tell if your card is burned out? Does it quit working all together, or just overheat too fast?

Thank you. I haven't tried that yet.

The HSF is the card's fan, correct?

Also, how can you tell if your card is burned out? Does it quit working all together, or just overheat too fast?

That is correct, the HSF stands for Heatsink and fan. A burned out card could do both, it all depends on HOW it "burnt out".

You may also try booting your computer up with the case off and make sure the fan is working at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom