Video Capturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
i know this isn't really a hardware question, but this section gets more views so it made sense to pop it here cause it's an extremely urgent question.

i have an old video camera, it has yellow + white output ports and an s-video port. thats it. i need to get video off of it and onto my computer. how can i do this.. i thought i had a video capture card but i guess i don't now... my card only has s-video. also i was thinking i could like set up a vcr, play the tape on the vcr and transfer it that way, but that seems a little out of the way. I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!!

please if you could talk to me outside of this thread to help me that would be great, just post here and i'll put info or something. i will be refreshing this all the time..

you can get things like this:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I was going to narrow it down, but you can figure it out ;)

or this:
USB Video Capture Device

more from newegg:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

more from tiger:
USB Video Capture Devices, USB Video Capture Cards, USB 2.0 Video Capture at TigerDirect.com

Even if you could fit something like this:
https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=202069-410
don't use it...chances are the device would not be recognized for import

Hey atomic, just yesterday I bought a new hd video capture card and I no longer need my older sd v.capture card. It runs flawlessly under vista ultimate media center. $30 shipped. I bought it for $100 3 years ago.
Let me know if you r interested. I can send you pics if u want to see what I'm talking about.

Didn't get the questoion, cos im a thick ****.
but.. how about get a vcr + dvd combo(?) lol.
record to dvd on one of those and put on pc? lol

Hey atomic, just yesterday I bought a new hd video capture card and I no longer need my older sd v.capture card. It runs flawlessly under vista ultimate media center. $30 shipped. I bought it for $100 3 years ago.
Let me know if you r interested. I can send you pics if u want to see what I'm talking about.

that should be directed toward peter cort right? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom