Video cable clip thingies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexei

Beta member
Hi, everyone. The backlight on my one-year old Dell Inspiron 9100 burnt out recently, and I had to order a new LCD for it. Now I have a problem.

The video cable already in the laptop has some strange clips on either side of the plug head that keep it attached to the LCD, instead of regular tape. My problem is that these clips on either side make it so that my current video cable doesn't fit into my new LG LCD (the old one was Samsung).

Is there any way to remove these clips? Or do I have to go through the trouble of running a new video cable?

Thanks,
Alexei

They probably sent you the wrong LCD display. When ever I replace an LCD, I write down on the work order the make and model number of the LCD. The exact replacement is ordere. I can not ever remeber installing a display that was different. How long ago was this ? Does the cable connect up to your mainboard and you get a display ?

OPTION 1

I would call DELL and demand the correct LCD, do you still have the make and model of the old LCD.

OPTION 2

If you do not want to do option 1 or it is out of warranty. Take a couple of good digtal pictures of this connector and attach them to your post or if they have an image forum here.

No, it's the correct panel--15.4 WXGA, 30-pin--just a different manufacturer.

I found on the internet that Dell, in particular, sometimes has these side clips attached to their video cables and that they are removable. I was just hoping that somebody had encountered them before and could tell me how.

you said they sent you a LG display and your old was a Samsung
that to me is not an exact replacement. It is a new notebook and it should fit w/o mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom