video / bios help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdvvm

Beta member
Help.

I am currently getting boot up to the point of the black windows xp screen. Then I get the display going blank and the message from the lcd vga not support.

Some history: my pc had a newer lcd installed that stopped working and I noticed it to several minutes to go through bios. using the second lcd allowed the windows to be displayed but still too a long time.

I updated the video chipset driver and flashed bios via Intel. The reboot worked once or twice since then but now the second lcd only displays the vga not support.

Any ideas?
Thanks. Mike

Lets start with the specifications of your computer. Second try to explain a little bit better about the 2 lcd's. Are you using dual monitors? are you switching between 2 monitors?

sorry.

I am not using dual monitors. my first stopped working altogether for some unknown reason on a reboot.

I took a second lcd from my kids pc. this is an older model and it worked. The trouble was the boot up was very slow and seemed to be a POST / BIOS problem as windows eventually loaded and ran fiine.

I express flashed the bios and it rebooted fine then the second lcd that was working stopped working. at the black windows xp screen on boot up it pauses and then the lcd firmware displays vga not support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom