Video Barf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Baseband Member
I have been having this problem for several months, but it seems to be getting worse. I have updated and retrodated every video and video-related driver I can find, but I am still getting video problems when I play games, etc.

Basically, The screen will just become all scrambled (so bad that i cant see what im doing), but I will still scattered movement when i move a mouse, etc. If you ever played an old NES, it kind of looks like the video problems those could have after a long time. The only way to reset the problem is to reset the computer

Its not always, and it seems to have periods where it comes and goes. In fact, i've thought on more than one occasion that the problem was solved. I don't know what it could be, and all of my conventional resources have failed.

I have one thought that it might still be, but was hoping for some ideas in general about what causes this type of video error.

radeon 9800 pro AIW
asus a7n8x-e deluxe
amd 3000+ (barton)
2x 512mb mushkin 2-2-2-6 RAM (dual channel)

You should try swapping the video card and monitor if you can. I'd try to rule out a hardware problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom