First up my gfs comp specs:

AMD Sempron 2500+
Elitegroup KT600-A Mobo
ATI Radeon 9700 pro 128mb
1gig of DDR400
Asys Case w/ Generic 450w PSU
80gig Maxtor 7200 RPM HD
Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW

All drivers are up to date, as well as directx.

Now to the issues:

When playing games like Dark Age of Camelot or Guild Wars (any graphically intense game I assume) she'll start to get video distortion.

Two screenshots of the distortion can be found here:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/h34dtrip/ingame.jpg (in-game)

&

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/h34dtrip/desktop-edit.jpg (after closing the game and returning to desktop)

Now.. this issue seems to occur randomly it started about 3 months ago and I had her check all connections inside the case as well as the fan over the GPU. All seemed to be fine. After that check everything returned to normal and she could game without an error. Just recently, however; the problem has come back. Rebooting a few times normally will get rid of it, but starting up any game and moving in-game will cause the graphic distorting seen in the screenshots. Seeing as how all drivers and directx is up to date and how everything seems to be normal inside the case (no lose connections, all fans properly functioning) I'm wondering if this could possibly be the result of a shoddy PSU. I'm trying to diagnose this over distance so.. hardware swapping and what not is next to impossible (she doesn't trust herself to do it on her own.) So was just curious what you guys think? If I were to spend the money to replace something.. I'd want it to be the for-sure fix. Any help/opinions/etc would be greatly appreciated.

well the obviouse things are of course checking the drivers are up to date also try to find out if the card is over heating. these seem to me to be the largest problem over heating is esspecialy likely if it has been running this game fine before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom