vid card fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowadudeguy

Baseband Member
the fan on my vid card has stopped working, it feels a bit stiff and doesn't turn easily when i try to move it. i was wondering if a vid card gets to hot will it hurt anything besides just frying the vid card it self?

its a stupid old 8400gs, for all i know i could of been gaming on the thing like that, just built a new comp and noticed the fan didnt even spin anymore lol, i just have it for another week but its in my new comp til then and i dont want it to hurt anything :)

well i used it for gaming but since the fan doesnt work i only browse the net and stuff, it sits at 80c when im doing that heh

Hmm, with decent airflow, that card should beable to run fanless.. aka "silent" 80Cs hot, but cut off is 110C..

If youre worried, point a case fan at it, and it should do the trick.

you might loose some performance from heating up a bit but your GC should be good for a while. I had the same issue, except that i was using the en7950gt from asus, the fan crapped out on me so i just attached regular 40 mm fan and it worked fine. 70 C stable.

wow thanks for the tips guys, i put 2 40mm fans out of my old comp thats just sitting there doing nothing and points right at it and its holding 50c sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom