Vga port on samsung web book should work right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulg12345

Beta member
Hi Group, ive said ill fix a web book for my mate which has a broken screen (due to kids leaving it on the floor), its an absolute doddle to open up and change screen, so i plugged it into my samsung tv pc in port to test if the rest of the web book was ok, seemed to be booting in the background ok "meaning the h/d lights and so on were tinkering away nicely" but my tv said "no signal" so tried it on a flat panel monitor too using web book vga port and "same"..k scenario over, is it worth buying a screen or does the web book sound knackered,
Web book is a samsung n150.. thanks 4 listening
yours Paul G...

It sounds like mostly is everything ok hardware wise, but I am guessing you might needa new updated GA driver for dual screen support like other netbooks and labtops.
What is the exact model of your web book and what OS is it currently running and basic mininum specs ?

Thanks Mike, its on xp home, its a samsung n150, code is:np-n150-ka03uk...
atom n450 1.6ghz, 1gb ram, 160gb h/d and its pink! lol cheers Paul G...

Thanks Mike, its on xp home, its a samsung n150, code is:np-n150-ka03uk...
atom n450 1.6ghz, 1gb ram, 160gb h/d and its pink! lol cheers Paul G...

Sorry about the day late reply but follow this link and download it:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=9033
Also keep in mind, do not have your external plugged in until after the graphics driver is installed and ready to go.
Keep the resolution at 1024x600 so you can somewhat freely naviagte the screen.
Open up the utility and hit dual screen option or external, and securely plug in your monitor or tv.
It might not happen like magic rightaway, but windows xp we'll figure out which settings to adapt to your external display.
If everything goes fine, you will be able to see screen on your tv or dual play it.
**** even netflix or hacking that annoying neighbors internet for few free hours of streaming would all be worth it to see everything run nicely on 16:9 HDTC screen.

Let me know if that helps, also somewhat kidding bout the hacking joke, not unless you keep people up at night until 2am in the morning with drama.

Hi Mike, just glad of the reply m8, errrm thing is, i have no display on the web book its backlit but cant see any icons or anything so i'd find it impossible trying to install anything on it...any other ideas? taa m8
ps i would hack it but he only has a 1meg connection lol...
Yours Paul G...

Hmm I see, it sounds like the backlit inverter part is going bad, you could replace that part itself and see how it holds up or spend 60.00 on a full LCD screen setup.
If you want to replace the screen with the inverter, it's not hard to do as long as yoh have the right size screw drivers and 30 minutes of quite. :)
If your game. look at this and make a decision, also there are google video guides that will help make this painless or if you want I can personally assist you in here while repairing it until done.
SAMSUNG NP-N150 10.1" LED LCD SCREEN | eBay

Let me know what you think, be back later on today trying to get somethings done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom