Very unsual problem has me stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hook up the 4pin p4 connector from the PSU to the motherboard?
Well like said above you need to hook up a mobo speaker. Why don't you have one? when you get it hooked up try restarting if you get beeps then that's a good sign. If you get no beeps then unhook everything from the board except power. (ALL Ram, ide cables, floppy cables, any add on cards and video card) If you get no beeps then the motherboard could be shorted to the case or its toast. To see if it is shorted to the case remove it from the case and run it.

Aquire a PCI graphics card and install in a PCI slot. AGP card or slots may be damaged. If the PCI card doesn't do anything, then it's mobo, memory or cpu.

Ok i have found a speaker It has 2 pins to be connected one red wire and one black wire. My motherboard book says to connect speakers to it theres 4 pins

X X X X

The first one says +5V the second says Ground the third says ground and the 4th says Speaker.

What pins do i put where?

inf0rm3r said:
Ok i have found a speaker It has 2 pins to be connected one red wire and one black wire. My motherboard book says to connect speakers to it theres 4 pins

X X X X

The first one says +5V the second says Ground the third says ground and the 4th says Speaker.

What pins do i put where?

Red=Speaker
Black=ground

FlashDude said:
If you get no beeps then unhook everything from the board except power. (ALL Ram, ide cables, floppy cables, any add on cards and video card) If you get no beeps then the motherboard could be shorted to the case or its toast. To see if it is shorted to the case remove it from the case and run it.

on all motherboard i ever used.. the speaker connects to each pin on the end with 2pin inbetween.... example:

+5|G|G|S
.X..X..X..X
.R..........B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom