A very strange problem my friend is having

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynehead

Baseband Member
Ok, my friend is having issues with a case he recently purchased off of ebay. A budget case in every sense of the word. He chose it because it was $30 dollars and came with a "500" watt power supply. Well i have ruled the power supply a paper weight as it wont work and it is barely heavy enough to hold down a piece of paper. But the thing that has me cursing is the case. He has an older dual p3 motherboard that is perfectly functional, a 450 watt power supply that is fully functional. We took all of the components from another case and put them in this case and nothing. I went so far as to hook up a switch from another case to the mother board and nothing. I also put everything back into the old case and used the switch from the new case and it worked. I have NEVER heard of a case not working. I have seen videos of people using computers without cases. The only thing I can figure is a ground issue but I thought everything grounded through the 20 pin connector. Someone please enlighten me as to what this might be. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom