Very strange problem...hard drive failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintonthai

Beta member
So the other day my pc started not responding when doing pretty much anything, it would come back after a few seconds. So it kept doing that, I ran malwarebytes with no result. The next day it stopped responding to the point of needing a hard reset, as I would click end process and it would turn the screen black.

Eventually I Checked my event log, to find 7000 disk errors in the past 24 hours (GEEZUZ!) so I immediately began to run a disk check.

Now my terrabyte takes forever to check I know, so I waited and waited, then after it was finished it gave me this, "an unspecified error occurred" and sat there doing nothing. So after I was frustrated with that I did a hard reset.

So I can't boot because of this disk check, so I attempt a system restore, in which it freezes at the initializing part. Not freeze but hang rather.

I'm hoping it will work, and I can restore it back to when it was just not responding...

So what do I do once it's back to that phase? And if I can't get it back to that phase? What do you think is going on here?

Pc is about a year old, built it myself, was Quite the beast of a gaming pc before this crap started. Thanks for the help!

Update: I did a system restore and I havent had any errors since... I didn't do anything after the restore really either to trigger the disk errors... Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom