Status
Not open for further replies.

fangs2000

In Runtime
Hey all,

Firstly, specs:

Gigabyte S-3 P965 motherboard
E6300 Core 2 Duo proc
2 gb Geil memory (DDR 2 6400 i think, 2x1gb sticks)
geforce 6200 le PCI-E graphics card
HiPER 520W PSU.

Nothing is Overclocked.

BEFORE you say anything, i had to send my normal graphics card back (a x1950 pro) cause of major artifacting. It's gone now and with the manufacturing being looked at. This one is a cheap filler, and it cost £30 and got it from PC World.

The problem is i turn on the computer, it lights up and gives out noise, and nothing happens. No screen, no bios bleep. In short, it does not post. HOWEVER, given enough time (10-20 minuites) it will actually boot up, if i leave it in this "on, but not posting" mode.

I have not actually seen it post, i've always turned it on, and gone and done something else. While it is on i have once had it reset. There is also rare instances where is POSTs stright away, but it has become more and more rare over the last 3 days when the problem first began.

I have reset the bios multiple times.

I am thinking it's the graphics card, since it is a pile of ****.

I would like to hear some other ideas about what is actually happening, and if there is anything i can do to fix it. I do not know when the replacment X1950 will be back, it was sent from the dealer to the manufacturer on Thursday.

The 6200 is only 2 weeks old, so should still have it's warrenty, even with PC World. Problem is, this IS my spare PCI-E card. All other PCs in the house are AGP.

Thanks for any input, feel free to ask me any questions, i have bound to miss something.

ya i had similar problems but vise-versa (other way around) usually it POST's but there were some days where my custom built system didn't feel like it. I got pretty freakin mad when it started not POSTing but i fixed myself due to the fact that my store i bought it in was really far away.
Anyway, it turned out to be the BIOS battery on the motherboard which was faulty even tho it was new *sigh* and it works from then.

I'd suggest buying a new BIOS battery from a electronic store to see if the problem continues. Also check if all your PCI-cards are seated correctly as well as your power plug running to the motherboard (20/24 pin & 4 pin if it has one), if you still continue with this problem then read this sticky for guidance http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/post-troubleshooting-steps-121845/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom