Very simple wiring issue

danhodge

In Runtime
Hey, so i bought the CamJam Edukit 3 for my RPI, and it has illuminated a very simple issue i have: I suck at wiring. I've never done it before, and the instruction in building the robot which says "connect the wire to the controller screw terminals" just aint working for me. I can get the wire in a little, but it wont stay there (it falls out when i let go). I'm assuming this is a me problem, but it is a different motor controller board than in all the images and guides, so maybe they sent the wrong board?

Here's the image of the wire next to the port it's supposed to go into. Is it literally as simple as it should be pushing the wire in as hard as possible, or is there a trick to it that I need to be using?

nvSSDbj.jpg

In case it helps at all, this is the workbook guide that shows how to build it:
https://github.com/CamJam-EduKit/EduKit3/blob/master/CamJam%20Edukit%203%20-%20GPIO%20Zero/CamJam%20EduKit%203%20-%20Robotics%20Worksheet%202%20(GPIO%20Zero)%20-%20Building%20a%20Robot.pdf

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated, I just want to get programming on this bad boy :(

Thanks!

Is the wire you're using just a jumper wire (i.e. not connected to anything at both ends)? If so, just get thicker (lower gauge) wire. Then you should be able to insert it into the terminal and tighten the screw down.

Is the wire you're using just a jumper wire (i.e. not connected to anything at both ends)? If so, just get thicker (lower gauge) wire. Then you should be able to insert it into the terminal and tighten the screw down.

Oh dear, you just have to tighten the screw over the top of it? Well that's embarrassing, i've been messing about with this for ages :lol:
Yeah that works, let us never mention this again :silent:

Oh dear, you just have to tighten the screw over the top of it? Well that's embarrassing, i've been messing about with this for ages :lol:
Yeah that works, let us never mention this again :silent:

Lol. Well that's why it's called a "screw terminal" ;)

Back
Top Bottom