Very Odd Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many fans do you have in the computer????
were are they situated???

Also with that speed fan 4.38 data, whats the go with the fans running at 0rpm.

I have a feeling there may be a recall with this many people complaining about the same model with the same problems... Could be an issue with the BIOS, or the PSU is just complete crap like they always are in a pre built computer.

how many fans do you have in the computer????
were are they situated???

Also with that speed fan 4.38 data, whats the go with the fans running at 0rpm.

That's because speedfan usually sucks IMO and doesn't detect sensors right.

Hello, the problem still exist for me, and like Grolgan said, my computer also shut down at a temperature that should be fine...Here is a pic using RealTemps:
realtemp1.jpg

It usually shut down while I play a game, and the GPU temp. goes up usually when playing a game.
Now the core temperature doesn't rise much when a game is in session either, but it still shut down nonetheless. Ugh.
And sorry I do not know how to view the graphic card temp. Unless someone can instruct me how to.

I also bought 1 80x80m fan and place in the back/rear of the computer with the fan exhausting the air out. I believe there is room for 1 more in the front of the computer but its far and is block by other stuff that I don't think it'll provide much air toward the middle.
Okay, I like this computer, but the major problem now is that it just shut off automatically. Should I try to get a refund or keep looking for a solution?
Thanks.

To Hmoomoo

Is your videocard at 68C idle? If so, it might be overheating during your games (I am not sure what the rated temp is on the new GTX120's)

To OP

Sounds like a PSU issue to me as well, however some things to try before buying a new PSU...

Check BIOS versions. You may have received different revisions of motherboards and she got a bad batch. Update BIOS if possible. The fact that there are three people in this thread with the same computer and problem leads me to think it may be a revision difference, or series of faulty PSU's.

Give us your temps at idle/load for cpu, northbridge, gpu... anything you can get at all.

Thilly:

Yes the GPU (which I guess is the videocard) is usually about 66-70ish when Idle, however it is about 75+ when playing a game, usually.

But for some reason I do not think its because of the graphic card, and its a GT 120 btw, not GTX 120. But the GT 120 max temp should be about 105 C.

I've read posts from other user about this same Computer model and it seems it could just be the way the computer was built. It didn't came with any case fans, but it still shuts down even when I've only added 1 case fan so far. However, I think the problem could be solved (or maybe just temporary) if I place a big fan right next to it, I hope that works at least, but I've yet gotten myself a new fan to try it >_>

Well anymore advice is appreciated, thanks.

Well the main advice would be to get more cooling in the system. Since it lacks sufficient cooling to get rid of the heat that is produced by the hardware in the case.

I too have the same model from Gateway, the LX6810-01. I recently purchased this desktop around April and started to experience the random shut downs in May. I sent the computer to Gateway's Repair Center while it was still under warranty. They sent the computer back to me after a week and according to their service memo, they replaced the power supply, motherboard, and CPU. However, after recieving this supposedly "fixed" desktop, the issue still persists. Less than 24 hours since it arrived at my doorstep.

So even with a new CPU, Motherboard, and Powersupply, the computer still shuts itself off. I'm at lost with words.

Wow Qubeley, I'm sorry to hear that. But that sucks terribly...I bought this computer near end of April also and the problem started around May too, and now after hearing that You sent it to Gateway for a fix but for the problem to still exist, is very saddening.
I bought it at best buy in april and its been like...2 months & a half since I got this computer, I didn't bought any insurance or anything...
But basically, should I just return this computer for a refund if possible? (however it'll cost a 15% restocking fee I believe)

gah this is frustrating.

I forgot to mention, after some more research of the issue, I have concluded that the problem may be because of a bad temperature sensor? not sure...

I'm assuming the same thing. If I place a big fan next to it, it doesn't shut down (so far so good anyway). I've purchased a few case fans and hope that'll fix the issue. It's annoying and Gateway should take responsibility to recall this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom