Very big problem suspected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
ok today i got my new 120gb samsung hdd. at first i had some trouble getting my pc to boot but cleared the cmos and started up fine. i went to go to put the side panel back on and then a wire got in the way of the cpu and the fan stopped. since i have 5 case fans i couldnt tell but thats when it locked up so i shut it off and heard a very very very bad sound a horrific sound very deep and dark sound very very bad. thats when i suspected somehting wrong. now my pc wont post or nothing just the fans come on and all that but nothing not a single sound other than the fans.
could i have burned the chip?
could i have ruined the mobo?
im gonna try to get the hs/f off and see if there anything noticable so well see hope i didnt ruiin my 150$ chip!

Doh !
homer.jpg

Watch your mouth.
Thats no way to get help.

i went to go to put the side panel back on and then a wire got in the way of the cpu and the fan stopped.

You seem to have baked it.
Have you checked it yet... Like you said you were going to ???

Does it even post now ? or is it power failure all together ?
What about the wire that go pinched... Do you see any damage on the wire ?

wait a wire fell into the cpu fan blade, or you pinched the wire...somewhere? A cpu fan stopping shouldn't damage anything, an alarm should go off, and maybe a shutdown after that. Unless somehow a power lead became exposed and well... shorted. What was this noise you heard?

uh, explain.
was it a whining sound, a tapping sound, a buzzing sound, low pitch, high pitch, what?
and did you find out where it was coming from?

shorting a wire might possibly take the PSU out

Don't forget a poping sound, like the sound of popcorn popping, or capacitors exploding. That brings back childhood memorys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom